From finding daycare for your children to marking your boxes that you just packed, you must not overlook these important things to do moving tips.
George Maier, Editor for Eastern Connection Movers Monday Apr 15, 2013
“Practically every person we knew and our pastor and the people from our church tried to get our California King mattress up our steps says Jack Cahill and his family of Philadelphia, PA, this family has moved from Philadelphia to South Florida and back again. This family said after falling to get the mattress up the stairs and a long frustrating experience the all gave up and had to purchase a new bed. Jack said that he learned his lesson and first before doing any self moving make sure you measure all areas as to where you will be working and moving items through, such as up steps or even down a hallway or thru a door frame before you waste your time trying to fit something thru when all you will be doing is scratching your walls and doing other damages.”
Stories like this one reminds us that moving is not for the faint of heart and never easy. Sometimes a new job will make you relocate ( Even on little notice), so there are a lot of things to do before moving date and on the day and after your move date.
If you are moving across town or across state lines you will need to read these 11 items we forget to do when you move.
Before the move.
1. Inform any academic institutions
Parents in some cases forget to notify their children’s academic institutions
Before or enough in advance of the move. George Maier, Editor for Eastern
Connection Movers makes it his goal to inform parents to advise their children’s academic institutions at least 1 month in advance before they would like their kids to start. You should let administrators also know your preplanned moving date and also if you are moving locally and your move is 200 miles from your old residence try to schedule a tour of the new school in advance of the moving day.
2. Notify your caregivers. Before you move advise your baby sitter, lawn care guy, House cleaning and whoever else that needs to be notified of your relocation that you are moving on such date. Inform your children that they will be getting a new baby sitter as well.
3. Make your moving day anxiety free. Out of all of your pre-move chaos, you may be forgetting a real important person your life and that is your children. It best to help them through this Move by” Spending a lot more time with them if you can” and just before Your moving date. A good idea might be by reading a book to them or Going out for a family outing like going to a ice cream store.
4. Set up child care. It is best to avoid last minute child care. Get this set up at least 4 days in advance of the moving date or obtaining a baby sitter. If you are moving nearby you might want to consider going to your new town and checking out new child care facilities.
5. Marking your boxes in advance of the moving date.
Now, that you have purchased your moving boxes, you are probably asking Yourself how to label them? You probably are thinking about going down to your local truck rental place and purchasing those color coded self stickers right! Save your money do what our professionals do when we do all of the professional packing for our customers and that is to go to your local art supply store and purchase 2 wide black felt magic markers and the cost should be under five dollars. After packing your boxes take one of your markers and in the top right hand corner on the side write which room it goes in at your new residence.
6. Pack the first box to be opened.
To avoid delays in obtaining certain important items it is recommended that you pack a special box with certain items that you may need upon arriving at your new location and label it special items. Pack the boxes with what items you think you will need.
7. Contact township or your city .
Before your moving date make certain that you have been in contact with any township offices such as trash collection and even making sure that your house has been approved by your township and you have obtained a certified occupancy permit so that there will not be any problems to or for your buyer purchasing your home from you. It is a good thing to have that peace of mind that everything has been done before you move.
On Your Moving Day.
8. Our company recommends packing a back pack or box full of various Items like toys for your children to keep their minds off the move. Pack a walkman radio for your children to listen to kids radio or even some children’s books & even a DVD player to play movies for your kids to during the moving date. All of these ideas are really creative to making the move go more smoothly.
9. Make reservations at a motel or hotel.
On the evening of your move it is best to plan to stay at a motel or hotel if your home furnishings isn’t being delivered the same day of your moving date. Most people or families that are moving forget to make accommodations for a place to stay on the night that they are being moved.
10. Care for your pets.
Making your cat or dog or pet comfortable during the move is important not only to them but you as well. You can move the pets yourself or we recommend family pet relocations. You can go to our website for further helpful information and tips.
After The Move.
11. Start A New Tradition.
Moving is stressful and is a process that everyone in your family will go through at least once in their lives. It is important to keep up on your family traditions. Before your entire family gets to busy think about having a family get together at your new place or going out on a family night.